Submitting a Project
How do I submit a project?
- Scroll down to the Submit Your Stuff section.
- Use the pull-down menu to choose a campaign.
- Use the pull-down menu to choose what type of media you’re submitting
- Enter the URL (for video and audio submissions) or upload your still art
- Check any and all genres that apply to your submission
- Put a title on your submission
- Describe your submission; plot, themes, characters, etc.
- Provide us your name, email, and zip code.
- Click submit.
What rights to my project do I grant El Rey when i submit my project?
Upon submission, you authorize El Rey to use your project on its programming services as El Rey sees fit in accordance with the terms of the Content Submission Policy and Agreement.
Are there submission guidelines i should know about?
Yes. Everything is spelled out in the Content Submission Policy and Agreement, but these are some highlights:
- You must be the creator of the material. You must be the original creator of your project. The material must be fully cleared for exhibition and must not violate any laws or third-party rights, and you must be able to show documentation supporting this.
- Finished projects only. Whether it’s a short or feature film, or an assignment like a network ID, the project should be finished work as pertains to the scope of the assignment. No screenplays or pitches.
- Don’t be a jackass. It’s highly unlikely we would ever select projects in which racism or bullying is advocated. We’re not afraid of sex, violence, and fun in media – but let’s keep the spirit positive.
After I've Submitted a Project
What happens to my project?
It appears in our back-end database and we look at it. If we think it’s a good fit for El Rey, we’ll reach out to you to discuss putting it on TV, using it on social channels, or other ideas.
Does someone at El Rey really look at my project?
Yes somebody will look at it. But it might take a little while. Please be cool. And patient.
Who decides if a project gets selected for use by El Rey?
Haha ok. how do you decide?
As with any curation endeavor in the creative space, evaluation is not a scientific process. But I do evaluate all projects objectively.
What happens if my project gets selected for use?
We will send you an email to notify you that we will be using it!