Last Modified April 13, 2015
The El Rey Services are hosted and managed in the United States. If you are a user located outside the United States and provide PII (as defined below) to us, you understand and consent to having your PII processed and stored in the United States. U.S. data protection and other relevant laws may differ significantly from those in your jurisdiction.
Notice To California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights:
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the "shine the light" law), California residents have a right to request an information-sharing disclosure from a business to which they have provided personal information and which has disclosed the information to any third party for third-party direct marketing uses in the prior calendar year. A business may comply with this law by (i) publishing and implementing a policy that provides California residents with the choice to opt out of the sharing of their personal information for third-party direct marketing uses and (ii) informing California residents, upon receipt of their requests for an information-sharing disclosure under this law, on how to exercise their choice to opt out.
If you are a California resident, you may request to opt out from our sharing of your personal information with third parties for third-party marketing uses by contacting us via email at email@example.com. We honor all such opt-out requests and it is our policy not to share personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes where you have exercised opt-out. Please note that this opt-out does not apply to disclosures made for non-marketing purposes, nor does it apply to disclosures made with your consent.
Any request for an information-sharing disclosure under this law should be sent to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that under this law, we are not required to respond to a California resident‘s request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any request that is not sent to the email address designated above.
Do Not Track Disclosure: We do not currently respond to "Do Not Track" signals of web browsers. However, should the industry establish uniform technological standards for recognizing and implementing "Do Not Track" signals, we would be open to following such industry standards.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 Personally Identifiable Information ("PII"): This is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, date of birth, user ID/username, etc. We collect your PII (to the extent voluntarily provided by you) when you engage in an identification activity on any of the El Rey Services, such as creating an account, submitting a request or inquiry, answering a survey or otherwise providing feedback, signing up for our emailing lists or mobile alerts, or entering a sweepstakes, contest, game or prize promotion offered on the El Rey Services (each, an "Identification Activity"). Whether or not to disclose PII is completely your choice. However, without providing PII you will not be able to engage in or complete an Identification Activity. You must be 18 or older to engage in an Identification Activity on the El Rey Services.
1.2 Aggregate and Anonymous Information ("AAI"): This refers to information that does not identify you personally. For example, we and our service providers collect anonymous group data (demographics, interests and preferences, etc.) about users of the El Rey Services, as well as traffic data such as total page views in a given time period; average amount of time users spend on the El Rey Services, how many times a particular piece of content on the El Rey Services was viewed or downloaded by our users, etc. Moreover, we may combine UAI (as defined below) about you and other users of the El Rey Services to generate aggregate information that reflects activities, habits, preferences, interests, etc. about our users as a group. In addition, we may take PII and make it non-personally identifiable, such as by aggregating your information with information about other individuals, or by removing personally-identifiable elements (such as names) so as to "anonymize" or "de-personalize" your information.
NOTE: To the extent we use UAI in a manner that identifies a person individually (e.g., if we link or associate such information with name or address), such information will be treated as PII. Otherwise, UAI will be treated as AAI.
2. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION
The following describes how we use and share information (including PII) collected from and about users of the El Rey Services:
- To provide, manage and improve the El Rey Services: This includes using PII to enable, administer and manage our users’ Identification Activities. For example: (i) if you create an account with us, we will use your information to set up, administer, service, and communicate with you regarding your account; (ii) if you enter a sweepstakes, contest, game or prize promotion offered on the El Rey Services, we will use your information to process your entry and to conduct and administer the promotion (including communicating with you in the event you are selected as a winner); (iii) if you sign up for our emailing lists or mobile alerts, we will use your information to send you information that you have requested or that may be of interest to you; (iv) if you submit a request or inquiry to us, we will use your information to respond to your request or inquiry; and (v) if you order a product or service from us, we will use your information to process and fulfill your order, to communicate with you regarding the same, and to provide customer service to you.
- To allow social media functionality: The El Rey Services may allow social media functionality that enables users to log in with or connect their social media accounts with their El Rey accounts. By using social media functionality, you acknowledge and agree that we may share your El Rey account information (including PII) with applicable third-party social media services, and you understand that their use of the shared information will be governed by their own privacy policies.
- To share with our affiliates and business partners: We may share your information (including PII) with our affiliates and business partners (including, without limitation, our satellite and cable distribution partners) so that they can contact you directly to offer their products and services. See the "Information Access; Notice and Consent" section below regarding your choice.
- To share with co-sponsors: From time to time, we may conduct contests, sweepstakes and/or other promotions with one or more third-party co-sponsors. As a condition of participation in such a co-sponsored promotion, we may ask for your affirmative consent to allow us to share your PII collected in connection with the promotion with our co-sponsor(s), with the understanding that our co-sponsor(s) may use the information for its/their own direct marketing purposes and that we will have no control over such use by our co-sponsor(s).
- To allow third-party service providers to assist us in providing and managing the El Rey Services: We may make information collected from and about our users (including PII) available to third-party service providers who need to access such information in order to help us provide or manage the El Rey Services. We require that third-party service providers limit their use of our users’ PII solely to providing services to us and that they safeguard such information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
- To deliver interest-based advertising: We and our service providers may use information (including PII) collected from and about your use of the El Rey Services to deliver you advertising that is tailored to your interests inferred from your previous activities on the El Rey Services.
3. INFORMATION ACCESS; NOTICE AND CHOICE
3.1 Information Access: To access and update PII you have previously provided to us, please email us at email@example.com. Also, if you have created an account on an El Rey Service, the service may allow you to access and update your account information by logging into your account on that service.
3.2 Deletion of Information: If you wish to delete PII you have previously provided to us (including cancellation of your account on an El Rey Service), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you understand and agree that we reserve the right to retain your information if doing so, in our good faith belief, is necessary to comply with law or legal process (including a court order or subpoena), to cooperate with law enforcement (including investigation of an alleged or suspected crime, fraud or other illegal activity), to complete a pending transaction, to resolve a claim or dispute, or to enforce an applicable agreement between you and El Rey.
- Choice re. Our Marketing/Promotional Emails: To opt out from receiving marketing/promotional emails from us on a going-forward basis, please email your request to us at email@example.com or use the "unsubscribe" link provided in a marketing/promotional email you previously received from us.
- Choice re. Our Mobile Messaging: If you have signed up for one of our mobile messaging/alert programs, you may cancel and terminate your participation in such program at any time by replying STOP to a mobile message you have received, or by texting STOP to the short code used for the messaging program from which you wish to opt out (if you have enrolled in multiple messaging programs on the same short code and wish to opt out from all those programs, text STOP ALL to the short code).
- Choice re. Our Sharing of Your Information with Our Affiliates and Business Partners for Their Direct Marketing Uses: To opt out from such information sharing on a going-forward basis, please email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will endeavor to process your request as soon as reasonably practicable upon receipt (or within such time as required by applicable law).
- If you are a participant in a contest or sweepstakes or other promotion that is co-sponsored by El Rey with one or more third-party co-sponsor(s), your opt-out will NOT stop our co-sponsor(s) from sending you marketing/promotional emails, and you must contact our co-sponsor(s) directly in order to opt out from its/their further use of your PII for direct marketing purposes.
- Your opt-out regarding our sharing of your information with our affiliates and business partners will NOT stop continued marketing use of your information by those of our affiliates and business partners with whom we have already shared your information prior to your opt-out, and you must contact them directly to opt out of their further marketing use of your information (or use the opt-out means provided by them).
4. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
4.3 Use of Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to collect and analyze information about our users’ demographics and interests, in order to measure and improve the El Rey Services. We may also make use of other Google Analytics for Display Advertising features, such as Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and/or the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration. We are required by Google to disclose the following in connection with use of any Google Analytics for Display Advertising features:
- You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ads Settings page at https://www.google.com/settings/ads?hl=en. You may also prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on which can be downloaded at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- If we use the Google Analytics for Display Advertising Remarketing feature, we will use such Remarketing feature to advertise online and third party vendors, including Google, may show El Rey ads on sites across the Internet.
- We and third party vendors, including Google, may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to (i) inform, optimize and serve ads based on a user’s past visits to the El Rey Services, and/or (ii) report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the El Rey Services.
- Data from Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting may be utilized by us to help recognize and understand user preferences, to make improvements to the El Rey Services, to choose content and advertising to display to you, and for other business purposes that will allow us to better serve you.
We and our service providers use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard the security of PII that you have provided to us. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information. We will endeavor to notify you if and to the extent required by law, in the event we become aware of a breach or suspected breach of the security of your PII stored by or for us. However, we are not liable for any breach of the security of your personal information resulting from causes or events that are beyond our control, including, without limitation, your own act or omission, corruption of storage media, defects in third-party data security products or services, power failures, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, hacking, sabotage, or terrorism. By providing your email address to us, you acknowledge and agree that we may notify you via email in the event of a breach of security involving your PII stored by or for us.
6. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your PII for as long as you continue to use any El Rey Service or maintain an account with any El Rey Service, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce an applicable agreement between you and us. AAI (including UAI that is not personally identifiable) may be retained indefinitely.
7. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
8. PROTECTING CHILDREN
The El Rey Services are intended for audiences aged 13 and above, and are NOT intended for or directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. Users between the age of 13 and 17 should only access the El Rey Services with parental supervision and consent.
10. CONTACT US